The Benefits of HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method provides the information to be able to make informed decisions, allows for better support from your birthing team and helps to prepare you should special circumstances arise. HypnoBirthing® has been shown to help reduce the incidence of postnatal depression and anxiety. HypnoBirthing® helps to ensure both Mother’s and their Birthing Companion can go into their birth feeling positive, relaxed and free from fear. The statistics show that:
77% of Hypnobirthing mothers who birthed vaginally did so without epidural anaesthesia
45% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed in under 8 hours
17% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-section, compared with the national average of 32%
(Data provided by HypnoBirthing Institute, between 2005-2010)
It is important to be aware that when HypnoBirthing® with Nourished Nest we keep our Group classes to an intimate class size of five couples to ensure each couple feel comfortable in the Group setting and receives a high level of support throughout their pregnancy journey.
Why we only offer the 5 sessions instead of a weekend or online course!
The course we teach is HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method through HypnoBirthing® International is run over 5 sessions. We offer this comprehensive course over the 5 sessions as we feel this works best and increases the outcome of positive birthing experiences. Spreading out the course means the Mother and Birthing Companion are given the opportunity after each session to practice, so that they can achieve a deeper, effective level of relaxation and self-hypnosis at each session. Spreading out the sessions avoids the issue of providing 13hours of information over a weekend or online, leading to the birthing couple being too overwhelmed, with a high chance of a lot of the information being forgotten or not practiced. Additionally, having the regular contact ensures the continual support with helping to prepare for a calm and empowering birthing day!
What is Included:
Below is a list of what you will receive as part of our Group and Private HypnoBirthing® course with Nourished Nest.
- 5 x 2 ½ hour sessions (ideally at least one week between sessions)
- HypnoBirthing® book – The Mongan Method 4th edition
- MP3 Meditation Download
- Rainbow Relaxation
- Affirmation track for mum
- Affirmation track for birth companion
- Bonus bonding & birth rehearsal
- CD with 2 extra relaxation music/scripts
- Hard cover folder
- Hypnotic scripts
- Class notes/information
- Affirmations for pregnancy & birth
- Birth Preferences/letter template
- HypnoBirthing® document to hand to your care provider
- Support for pre and post birth, via phone/email
- One complimentary visit to your home/hospital post birth to debrief your birth
- Nourished Nest “She believed she could, so she did” tote sample bag
- Sample of the Pukka Motherkind Pregnancy – Raspberry Leaf Tea and Motherkind Baby – Lactation Tea
- Range of Tea’s from the Pukka Range and a small treat **At Group sessions only**
- Free access to any of our positive birthing books, Spinning Baby videos or caesarean section meditation CD for those rare special circumstances. **The library access is only available to Nourished Nest HypnoBirthing® Mothers
- Option of an additional session closer to your birth for a refresher, extra fear release, baby come on out session (to avoid induction) or turn baby session (if your baby is breech) **These extra sessions offered only if you have completed HypnoBirthing® with Nourished Nest