What is HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method is a comprehensive Childbirth Education program with over 25 years of proven results and success stories. This course is Internationally recognised by the HypnoBirthing® institute, which backs Steffi with the Gold Seal of recognition. The course highlights to the birthing Mother the importance of following her body’s own innate wisdom through understanding, trusting and listening to her bodies own instincts. The Birth Companion learns how to support the mother physically and emotionally for an easier, gentle and positive birth. HypnoBirthing® focuses on six main areas:
- Breathing techniques – You will learn the calm breath technique important for pregnancy, birth and everyday life!! The other two breathing techniques include the surge breath and the birth breath. Focusing on your breath is important to ensure you can maximise the effectiveness of your surges, decrease the length of your labour and reduce your risk of tearing.
- Self-Hypnosis – Will ensure you the opportunity to release fears/anxieties/self-doubts the Mother or her Birthing Companion may have about birthing and parenting. These may not be present on a conscious level – but through self-hypnosis we are able to explore the inner conscious and ensure the negativity is released and replaced with positivity!
- Relaxation techniques – You will learn the techniques to enable you to get into relaxation instantly and deeply. This includes looking at the different positions for an active labour and birth, as well as the use of the Rebozo, light touch massage and acupressure. In addition, the Mother and her Birthing Companion get the opportunity to switch off and enjoy self-hypnosis through the relaxation scripts offered throughout the sessions.
- Affirmations – It is all about the repetition and substitution!! They really DO work!! We go over the power of the mind and the importance of incorporating affirmations into pregnancy, birth, and everyday life!! I share with you some beautiful affirmations I have designed and collected.
Be sure to follow our Instagram page which is flooded with positive affirmations!
- Visualisations – Each session we watch some beautiful HypnoBirthing® births as a visualisation technique – what you visualise you will get (again the power of the mind). We also cover hypnotic scripts of visualising your birth and have some mental and physical visualisations for you to work with.
- Education – we look at our beautiful bodies and the importance of instinctively trusting the changes that occur naturally during pregnancy and birthing. We also look at the importance of bonding with your baby even before they are born!
Be sure to follow our Facebook page which will provide you with information/current research, beautiful HypnoBirthing® videos and much, much more!
Steffi’s mission is to ensure that both Mother and her Birthing Companion can be prepared for whatever path their pregnancy and birth may take. Steffi will take you on a journey of preparing the Mother and Birth Companion to be able to have a thorough understanding of their birth preferences. The Birth Companion will gain confidence in supporting the Mother not only physically and emotionally, but also being an advocate for any decisions that may need to be made on the birthing day and beyond.